- Monday – Regular hours (8:00am – 12:30pm)
- Tuesday – 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Wednesday – 8:30am – 12:00 noon
- Thursday – Closed
- Friday – Closed
- Saturday – Open 10am -5pm
- Sunday – Open 1pm – 12:30 am
Students remaining on campus may use their IDs to access the Writing Center and G11 24/7 on the library’s ground floor. Enter from the Alston side of McCain.
As we mark National Library Week, I wanted to alert you to the following additions in / news from McCain Library:
- We are a test site for new thin client hardware (like a desktop computer but runs a bit faster and has a smaller footprint on the desk, and you need to save files to a personal flash drive). You may experiment with these computers at the lobby stand-up carrel (1), at the first floor carrels along the terrace’s west side (2 – plus a comment box), and at the ground floor circulation desk (1). We hope to place more of them in the library, particularly as SOPHIA catalog look-up stations on Stacks floors later this year. Let us know how you like them and where else you would like to see them available in McCain!
- Some of the less frequently used equipment that was on the ground floor carrels outside the 3 media viewing rooms has been moved, freeing up additional, non-reserved study carrel space in that location.
- At the main floor’s Scottie Research & Rescue Desk, there is a new (recycled) dual monitor facing out from the librarian’s computer, so it is easier for us to show you how to locate the information you are seeking. Come ask a research question in person and test it out! Thanks to our colleagues in ITS and Media Services for partnering with us on these three items.
- Remember the student-decorated cushioned window seat on the second floor landing in the front stairwell. I saw someone reading there yesterday and she looked very comfy!
- The Purple Bikes just had some maintenance on Monday, so enjoy the sunny weather and borrow a bike from the main circulation desk.
- Details about extra library hours for exam time will be announced next week.
| Fri., March 5
|| 8:00am – 6:00pm
| Sat.- Sun., March 6-7
| Mon. – Fri., March 8-12
|| 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
| Sat., March 13
| Sun., March 14
|| 1:00pm +
Have a fun, restful and safe break!
*If you’re staying around, remember that when the library is closed, students may use ASC ID cards to access the 24/7 spaces on McCain’s Ground Floor. Hold your card up to the scanners at the exterior doors facing Alston.
Longer hours for McCain Library resume on Tuesday, Jan. 12, the first day of classes. Details are here.
Seniors working on independent studies may request a carrel reservation starting at 8:00am on the 12th too. Pick 2-3 numbered carrels that appeal to you, fill out a request form and bring it to the main circulation desk on Tuesday morning. These go fast, so do not delay.
Friday, December 11
Open late until 10:30pm for studying only – NO library services after 6:00pm
Sunday, December 13 Open early at 10:00am – Circulation/Reserves staffed @ 10:00am forward; Research services on a normal schedule
Other days conform to the usual schedule for library hours.
Good luck and contact us if you need help finishing research for papers!
McCain Library will be open with full services until 10:30pm on Fri. 12/4 and Sat. 12/5/09. Good luck prepping for exams!
Students, enjoy your break!
Wednesday, October 15 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday, October 16 8:30am – 4:30pm
Friday, October 17 CLOSED
Saturday, October 18 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, October 19 1:00pm – 12:30am