This year’s common read book at Agnes Scott College is Outcasts United: A Refugee Team, An American Town by Warren St. John. The McCain Library already has a great collection of books and DVDs to provide additional insights into the plight of refugees. For more information, check out the Outcasts United Libguide!
Listed below are some of the latest additions to our collection that address the issues of refugees, immigrants, and conflict.
- Lost Boys of Sudan: An American Story of the Refugee Experience by Mark Bixler – Location: Stacks 1 – HV640.4.S73 B59 2006
- Americans at the Gate: The United States and Refugees During the Cold War by Carl J. Bon Tempo – Location: Stacks 2 – JV6601 .B66 2008
- Aman: The Story of a Somali Girl by Virginia Lee Barnes – Location: 1st Floor – CT2208.A43 B37 1994
- Middle of Everywhere: Helping Refugees Enter the American Community by Mary Pipher – Location: Stacks 2 – JV6601 .P56 2003
- The Great African War: Congo and Regional Geopolitics, 1996-2006 by Filip Reyntjens – Location: Stacks 1 – DT658.26 .R489 2009
- Soldiers, Martyrs, Traitors, and Exiles: Political Conflict in Eritrea and the Dispora by Tricia Redeker Hepner – Location: Stacks 2 – JV8996.5 .R43 2009
- The Immigrant Divide: How Cuban Americans Changed the US and Their Homeland by Susan Eva Eckstein – Location: Stacks 1 – E184.C97 E27 2009
- Not Fit for Our Society: Nativism and Immigration by Peter Schrag – Location: Stacks 2 – JV6121 .S35 2010
- The Other Side of the Fence: American Migrants in Mexico by Sheila L Coucher – Location: Stacks 1 – F1392.A5 C76 2009