Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Presents…
Opening Night: Midori Plays Beethoven
Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:00 pm
Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:00 pm
Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:00 pm
Ticket Prices: $32 – $84
Blurb from the website: Click here for website
Robert Spano opens his 12th — and the Orchestra’s 68th — season with twin peaks of the repertoire: Beethoven’s grand and poetic Violin Concerto, with the luminous Midori; and Tchaikovsky’s fateful 4th.
Learn ABOUT it
Suggested Library resources:
- Violin Concerto In D Major, Op. 61 / [Sound Recording] / Beethoven ; Cadenzas By Kreisler ; Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827 [Call #: M (cd) .B39 co/vi/ 1981
- Concertos, Violin, Orchestra, Op. 61, D Major; Perlman, Itzhak, 1945- [Call #: M (cd) .B39 co/vi/ 1981]
- Symphony no. 4 [sound recording] ; 1812 overture / Tchaikovsky
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893 [Call #: M (cd) .C34 sy/or/4 1991]
Suggested Online Databases:
- Naxos Music Library (click for link)
– This awesome database will not only let you listen to Beethoven’s and Tchaikovsky’s classical creations, but you can also listen to Midori’s beautiful renditions. (Click here for Midori’s biography)
Suggested Online Articles:
- Beethoven’s Violin Concerto
– Citation: Sommers, L. (1934). Beethoven’s violin concerto. Music & Letters, 15(1), pp. 46-49.
– Citation: Sabaneev, L., & Pring, S. W. (1929). Tchaikovsky. The Musical Times, 70(1031), pp. 20-23.
So these were only a few suggestions as to how you can do a little research on the event. There are so many more! If you’re interested in this sort of event, I encourage you to dig a little more – do a little of your own research – and enjoy the show. And remember! Before you go OUT, learn ABOUT it! =)