Since exams and final papers are approaching, McCain Library will offer extra service and study hours during the next two weekends.
Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 am*
Saturday 9:00 am – 2:00 am*
Sunday 1:00 pm – 2:00 am*
- *All library services (circulation, instant message chat/research guidance, and reserves) will be staffed until 10:30pm.
- *You may continue to study here between 10:30pm and 2:00am.
- *At 2:00am, you must go home and get some sleep or relocate to McCain G-11 on the Ground Floor’s Educational Technology Center Hallway, outside of the main library space.
Next weekend (May 8-10) there will be a slightly different batch of extra library service hours. More about that next week….
- Study space is in high demand at this time in the semester; please do not leave your books and belongings unattended in McCain since all computers, seats, surfaces, and study rooms are needed.
- This is a public building. Be aware that not all who enter have signed the Honor Pledge. Especially now, it is not a good idea to leave visible any cell phones, expensive textbooks, tablets, laptops, keys, or other valuable items. There has been theft in the past, and we do not want students to have an additional stress during exams.
- Please do not eat at the library’s computers; follow the Food Policy to keep the building looking tidy. Thanks for being considerate of fellow students and of our hardworking custodians.
- Lastly, please remember to clear up any fines and return all library materials before you leave campus*.
Best of luck wrapping up the semester!
*All student accounts expire after the end of exams (May 14). If you are staying in the Atlanta area over the summer, registered for summer or fall semester, and wish to check out books or DVDs, speak to a staff member at the Circulation Desk about extending your patron privileges beyond May 14. The same holds true if you would like to use the library’s research databases over the summer; just ask and we can extend your patron record until August- but come talk with us since it’s handled on a case-by-case basis.